- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 209
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Scientific Investigation? - Definition, Steps & Examples
Course SummaryUse the chapters in this course to review and prepare for the GCSE Physics exam. You will find a comprehensive compilation of video and text lessons covering all areas of physics, with accompanying lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About The Course
By working through this course, you can refresh your knowledge of general physics while you prepare for the specific demands of the GCSE Physics exam. Each topic in the exam is covered in this course, so the information you need in order to score well is included for you. You will find lessons on scientific inquiry and reasoning, electricity and magnetism, energy and energy transfer, Newton's laws and much more. These short, but well-researched and informative lessons present the material in a clear, easy-to-follow format, while the lesson quizzes and chapter tests allow you to practice test-taking strategies and measure your comprehension of the subject matter. This course includes chapters on the following topics:
- The scientific process, related vocabulary, measurement and analysis
- Matter and energy, energy systems, circuits and resistance, electricity and magnetism
- Energy conservation and dissipation and sources of global energy
- Forces, motion, Newton's laws, atomic and nuclear energy and atom models
- Properties and laws regarding pressure in gases and fluids
- Momentum and braking
- Waves, magnetism, electromagnetic forces and waves, and space
About the GCSE Physics Exam
The GCSE Physics exam is one of a suite of science tests designed to challenge students in many areas of the physical sciences and assists in the completion of the science portion of the English baccalaureate degree. The exam is given at selected schools throughout Great Britain. It consists of two papers, each covering a specific set of topics. The papers are assessed at 100 marks each, and you will have an hour and forty-five minutes in which to complete them. Questions on the test include closed short answer, open response, structured, and multiple choice.
GCSE Physics Registration and Preparation
The chapters in this course are specifically designed to help you prepare for the types of questions and information that you will encounter on the exam. By completing the lessons, quizzes and chapter test, you can ensure that your comprehension of forces and energy, scientific inquiry and investigation, atomic structure and related material will serve you well.
In order to take the GCSE Physics exam, you must be entered through a school or college in the United Kingdom that is accepting entries for the test.
GCSE is a registered trademark of AQA 2016, which is not affiliated with Study.com
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Are Some Online Video Mathematics Courses that Would Assist ME in Physics?
- Online Graduate Physics Courses and Classes Review
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Nuclear Physics Degree Requirements & Courses
- Compass Exams
- What Can You Do With a PhD in Physics?
- Online Undergraduate Physics Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Soil Physics Course and Class Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses