- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 73
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Use the GED Math Prep Course
This course can be found in: GED Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 5 GED study guides, and 300+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryBrush up on basic arithmetic, algebra and other math concepts covered on the GED Math test with this study guide course. Our bite-sized lessons, short quizzes and practice tests can have you prepared to pass the exam in a short amount of time.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
10 chapters in GED Math: Quantitative, Arithmetic & Algebraic Problem Solving
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This GED Math Study Guide
The GED exam is a national high school equivalency test consisting of four subject area tests, including the GED Math exam. In order to secure the GED's high school equivalency diploma, students must take and pass every subject area test. In this GED Math: Quantitative, Arithmetic & Algebraic Problem Solving study guide are dozens of entertaining math video lessons developed by professional educators to ensure you have a quality understanding of number sense, decimals, fractions, data, functions, polynomials, geometry and more. This course was last updated by Study.com in 2018.
Check out our GED test prep materials! We've got GED courses to teach you the material, comprehensive GED study guides to help you study, GED practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational GED resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
GED Math Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the GED Math exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the GED Testing Service. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- Solving word problems and calculating total cost
- Completing distance, time and average speed problems
- Raising and reducing fractions, performing operations with decimals and changing between decimals and fractions
- Defining the percent formula and making calculations with ratios and proportions
- Making arithmetic calculations with signed numbers and converting numbers to scientific notation
- Simplifying and expressing relationships as algebraic expressions
- Defining monomials and adding, subtracting and multiplying polynomials
- Factoring polynomial expressions and dividing polynomials with long and synthetic division
Graphs and Functions
- Explaining data presented in tables/graphs and central tendency
- Discussing the probability of simple, compound, complementary, independent and dependent events
- Solving equations with multiple steps and two-step linear equations
- Using the quadratic formula to solve a quadratic equation
- Discussing how functions are applied in the real world
- Applying the Pythagorean theorem
- Defining perimeter, area, and volume of shapes
- Describing combined figures
- Reading and interpreting scale drawings
GED Math Course Format
Our concise test prep course is made up of seven chapters containing 57 lessons aligned with the subject areas included on the GED Math test. Multiple-choice quizzes test your understanding as you move through the lessons and help you identify any areas you might need to work on.
GED Math Exam Information
- Question Type: Multiple choice, select an area, drop-down, drag-and-drop and fill-in-the-blank
- Time Limit: 115 minutes
- Exam Cost: varies by state
GED (General Educational Development) is a registered trademark of the GED Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- GED Math Test Overview
- What Are Some Online Colleges that Offer Short Math Courses?
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- GED Testing: What Is the GED Test?
- GED Study Methods By Test Section
- GED Social Studies Test Information
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- GED Practice Test Information and Resources on the Internet
- Online GED Test Options and GED Study Materials
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses