- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 73
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Use the GED Math Prep Course
This course can be found in: GED Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 5 GED study guides, and 300+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryBrush up on algebra, geometry, and arithmetic concepts as you prepare to take the GED Math test. We make studying these math concepts as convenient as possible by streaming the course materials online, so you can study when and where it's convenient. This course was last updated by Study.com in 2018.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
10 chapters in GED Math: Quantitative, Arithmetic & Algebraic Problem Solving
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Study the basic operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division, and explore more advanced branches of mathematics through this GED Math: Quantitative, Arithmetic & Algebraic Problem Solving course. Through brief video lessons, you'll learn about mathematical reasoning, decimals, fractions, geometry and more. Our team of experienced, professional educators have made these lessons easy-to-follow, helping you master even the most challenging topics. If you have any questions as you complete this course, reach out to one of our experts through the Dashboard.
Check out our GED Preparation resources! We've got GED courses to teach you the material, comprehensive GED study guides to help you study, GED practice tests to test your knowledge, and GED informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
If you're looking for a comprehensive resource you can use to prepare for the GED Math exam, this course is for you. All of the subjects that you'll be tested on when you sit for the exam are covered thoroughly in this course. Each lesson addresses a different topic in a bite-sized, easy-to-follow format. After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Explain algebra basics, expressions and polynomials
- Detail number sense and problem solving
- Outline ratios, proportions and percents
- Discuss probability, data and statistics
- Describe concepts in geometry
- Define mathematical reasoning
Our concise test prep course is made up of seven chapters containing 57 lessons aligned with the subject areas included on the GED Math test. Multiple-choice quizzes test your understanding as you move through the lessons and help you identify any areas you might need to work on.
GED Math Exam Information
The GED Math test is one of several subject areas that make up the GED exam, which allows test candidates to earn their high school diploma.
- Question Type: Multiple choice, hot spot, drag-and-drop and fill-in-the-blank
- Time Limit: 115 minutes
- Exam Cost: varies by state
GED (General Educational Development) is a registered trademark of the GED Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online GED Test Options and GED Study Materials
- Where to Find Free Math Courses Online
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- Online Courses for Make-Up Professionals
- GED Preparation: Studying for the Math Section; The 5 R's
- GED Math Test Overview
- Study.com Updates
- Online Courses and Classes in Family Studies
- Online Courses and Classes in Recreation Studies
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses