- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 56
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Use the GED Science Prep Course
This course can be found in: GED Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 5 GED study guides, and 300+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPrepare for the GED Science test by going over the life, physical, and chemical science topics covered in this course. Our instructors have designed this course to reflect the format of the test and give you a better idea of which science areas are addressed and what types of questions to expect. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
We've put together this helpful test prep course to assist you as you get ready to take the GED Science exam. Our professional instructors have compiled short, user-friendly lessons that make topics in scientific foundations as well as life, Earth and physical science easy for you to absorb. With each lesson is a multiple-choice quiz designed to help you quickly gauge your knowledge of these concepts. You can access this course with a smartphone, computer or tablet around the clock for completely flexible studying at your own pace and convenience.
Check out our GED test prep materials! We've got GED courses to teach you the material, comprehensive GED study guides to help you study, GED practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational GED resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
You'll see all the topics you'd expect to find on the GED Science test covered here for you. Work through chapters on life sciences, space science, scientific foundations and study skills as quickly or as slowly as necessary to meet your goals. If any of these concepts are challenging, contact an expert through the Dashboard with your questions. This course is designed to help you meet the following objectives:
- Interpret scientific evidence and tables of scientific data
- Read scientific charts and graphs
- Identify patterns in scientific data and sources of unavoidable experimental error
- Understand science concepts and vocabulary
- Use the fundamental counting principle
- Define photosynthesis and its reactions
- Differentiate between the theories of evolution
- Explain what nutrition is
- Identify the four spheres of the Earth
- Outline the difference between weather and climate
- Discuss Newton's Laws of Force and Motion
- Compare and contrast the states of matter
- Describe the effects of a chemical reaction
In 43 lessons grouped into 5 chapters, this course goes over all of the subjects found on the GED Science exam. For self-assessment, you'll also find a quiz with each lesson as well as a chapter test.
GED Science: Life, Physical and Chemical Exam Information
The GED exam's four content areas are used to evaluate the academic preparedness of adult learners for a high school equivalency diploma. Exam sections cover math, language arts, social science and science. Passing scores are required on all sections to earn your credential.
- Question Type: drop-down, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, hot-spot and written-response
- Time Limit: 90 minutes
- Exam Cost: varies by state
GED Science: Life, Physical and Chemical Exam Registration and Preparation
Each GED test section is administered via computer at an approved testing center, so you can sign up for the exam whenever you're ready. This process entails creating an online account that contains your contact info and answers to a few brief questions about your background. After completing this step, you can select which test you want to take, schedule a test time and location, and submit your payment info.
Once you've finished registering, use the chapters included in this course to prepare for each of the science portion's three content domains. This collection of lessons is aligned with test objectives, so you'll spend your study time brushing up on topics covered in the actual exam. Available resources include short, entertaining videos and matching transcripts with links to text lessons on key science terminology. There are also self-assessment quizzes you can use to create a study plan tailored to your strengths and weaknesses.
GED Science: Life, Physical and Chemical Exam Scoring and Score Reports
A total of 40 raw points are possible on the science portion of the GED. One point is awarded for each correct response, and you won't be penalized for guessing. These results are converted to a scaled score ranging between 100 and 200 points. A minimum score of 150 is required to pass, and 170 points or higher will earn you an honors score. Test results are typically available online within three hours of completing the exam.
GED (General Educational Development) is a registered trademark of the GED Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses in the Physical Sciences: Course Descriptions
- Physical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- Life Sciences Schools in Oklahoma with Course and Program Info
- Online Life Science Courses, Classes and Training Programs
- Natural Science Courses: Class Overviews
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Sciences
- Forestry Science Degree and Course Information
- Animal Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses and Classes in Political Science
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses