- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 40
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Use the GED Social Studies Prep Course
Course SummaryGet a handle on the history, geography, economics, and civics areas of the GED Social Studies test with the help of this course. Prepare for this test by reviewing engaging lessons and completing challenging social studies lesson quizzes that give you all the prep you need.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
7 chapters in GED Social Studies: Civics & Government, US History, Economics, Geography & World
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Prepare to pass the GED Social Studies test using this course in history, geography, economics and civics. In this test prep course, you'll review lessons on analysis of historical documents and an outline of major American historical events, plus much more. Because this course is self-paced, you can move as quickly or as slowly through the lessons as necessary and take the quizzes provided with each one to make sure you understood what you learned.
Check out our GED Preparation resources! We've got GED courses to teach you the material, comprehensive GED study guides to help you study, GED practice tests to test your knowledge, and GED informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Because this study guide course is comprehensive, you'll find all the subjects covered on the exam provided in these mobile-friendly and informative lessons. Review comparing and contrasting ideas in reading selections, use context to determine the meaning of words and read scientific graphs and charts you'd find in social studies. After finishing this course, you should be able to:
- Define the implied main idea
- Organize and write an essay
- Analyze graphic information inside a text
- Interpret and identify independent and dependent variables
- Calculate the mean, median, mean and mode
- Give the facts of the American Civil War
- Outline the history of Jim Crow Laws
- Detail the causes and conflicts of the Vietnam War
Our test prep course breaks down into four chapters of 27 bite-sized lessons for your review. Each one is accompanied by a self-assessment quiz, giving you the opportunity to check your knowledge upon completion.
GED Social Studies: Civics & Government, US History, Economics, Geography & World Exam Information
The GED Social Studies exam is just one of several subject tests that make up the GED exam. Test-takers who wish to earn their high school diplomas must take and successfully pass all four sections of the test.
- Question Type: drag-and-drop, multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank and hot spot
- Time Limit: 70 minutes
- Exam Cost: varies by state
GED (General Educational Development) is a registered trademark of the GED Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- GED Study Methods By Test Section
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- Online Test Prep Options for the GED Test
- Online GED Test Options and GED Study Materials
- Flashcards - GED Social Studies: Essay Skills
- Flashcards - GED Social Studies: Writing Skills
- How to Study for AP Tests
- Test Prep
- Social Sciences Quizzes
- GED Testing: What Is the GED Test?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses