- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 73
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Biomes Vocabulary List & Flashcards
Course SummaryExplore the interactive flashcards in this collection to learn essential geography terms and concepts. These flashcard sets offer you a quick way to strengthen your geography knowledge for upcoming exams, class assignments, homework or just for fun.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About These Flashcards
This collection of flashcard sets makes it easy to absorb geography concepts. Each set focuses on a specific geography topic and features flashcards with images, terms, concepts or events associated with this subject area. Flashcards are great study tools when trying to learn and memorize important facts for quizzes, tests or even class discussions. Some topics the flashcard sets in this collection cover include:
- Countries and continents of the world
- United States' geographic regions
- Migration, ethnicity, environment and other aspects of human geography
- Characteristics of environmental science
How Flashcards Help
- Vocabulary expansion: Helps you use repetition to retain information about weather, culture, environment and more in geography.
- Self-monitoring: Allows you to memorize geography details at your own pace and gauge when you've gained full comprehension of all concepts.
- Mobile-friendly: Enables you to boost your knowledge of U.S., world and human geography concepts whenever convenient from your smartphone or tablet.
How They Work
Flashcards serve as fantastic tools for information retention and can help you memorize and understand specific details about regions, migrations, cultures and climate in geography.
- Go to a chapter that covers the geography topics you need to learn.
- Open a flashcard set for the geography topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, name or event on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the geography flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Geography Course and Class Descriptions
- 4 Ways to Encourage Learning at Home After a Homework Ban
- Careers in History and Geography
- Careers Involving Geography
- TEKS - Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Why Are American Students Failing at Geography?
- Online Geography Courses Overview
- Top Schools for Geography and Cartography
- No More Homework: The End of School Break Assignments
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses