- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 50
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Geography of North America: Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryElementary school students can study geography with this convenient online course. The course makes learning geography fun, and the short and engaging video lessons help students quickly improve their geography knowledge for homework, exams, class assignments and more.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This online geography course is designed to teach elementary school students important geography concepts, such as the geographical features of the world's continents. These concise and to-the-point lessons are typically less than ten minutes in length, which allows students to quickly understand geographical concepts and terms. Multiple-choice lesson and chapter quizzes are also available to help parents and teachers assess their students' comprehension of the material.
How It Works
- Students who want or need information on specific geography topics, such as the geography of North and South America, can easily locate the subjects they need to study.
- Students who need to catch up on in their geography courses can work through the course in sequence.
- Lessons can be watched as many times as needed.
- Printable video transcripts and text lessons are great supplemental study aids that help reinforce important geography vocabulary and features.
- Students can check their understanding of the course's geography concepts by taking the interactive quizzes following each lesson.
Using the Course
This convenient and effective online resource will help your students learn and remember elementary-level geography concepts. The course can be customized based on each student's needs, and the lesson and quiz materials can be used at any time. You also can access the course on any laptop, desktop, mobile device or tablet.
Teachers and parents will find these lessons useful in many situations:
- To help students finish homework assignments
- To help students prepare for quizzes and tests
- To engage students in class discussion
- To supplement traditional geography textbooks
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Geography Course and Class Descriptions
- Online Geography Courses Overview
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Why Are American Students Failing at Geography?
- List of Free Online Geography Courses and Educational Materials
- Masters Degree in Geography with Course Summaries
- Online College Courses for High School Students: Course Overviews
- Top Schools for Geography and Cartography
- Summer Classes Don't Have to Be Boring for You or Students - Use These Tips to Make Them Engaging
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses