- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 174
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Geography? - Lesson Plan
Course SummaryRefresh your curriculum quickly and easily using this helpful geography lesson plan and resource course. These teaching resources are accessible 24 hours a day so you can work on your lesson plans any time that works best for you.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
In this engaging course, you'll find resources and lesson plans you can use in the classroom to teach your students about geography. Topics covered include the geography of Asia, North America, Latin America, Europe and Africa. You'll also find resources for teaching about oceans, islands and the poles. This course can help you plan your lessons and create games, activities and discussion questions that will interest your students and keep them involved in the learning process.
Our mobile-friendly course contains easy-to-use teacher resources that can help you effectively teach geography to your students.
You'll find these helpful tools in this course:
- Geography lesson plan templates that are fully customizable to meet your needs
- Ideas for games and activities to interest your students and make learning interactive
- Videos on the United States, Europe, Latin America that can be shown to your students in class or assigned for homework
- Timeline tabs in the videos that allow you to jump directly to specific topics
How It Helps
- Covers a variety of topics: With lesson plans covering Africa, Latin America, the polar regions and much more, you can construct your lesson plans on a variety of subjects using just one course.
- Meets educational standards: Because these resources are written by professional instructors, you can have confidence that the subjects you teach meet educational criteria.
- Makes planning easy: Our resources make it easy to construct your lesson plans or update your curriculum whenever you'd like using lesson plans that are classroom-ready.
This course provides you with resources for teaching the following geography topics:
- North America and the United States
- The polar regions
- Oceans and islands
- The Caribbean and Latin America
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses