- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 42
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Euclid's Axiomatic Geometry: Developments & Postulates
Course SummaryThis Geometry Proofs: Help and Review course is designed to help you reinforce what you know or learn new facts about geometric proof concepts and applications. Use these video lessons to study for tests, complete homework assignments or clarify any topic you might be struggling with in class.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material about geometric proofs will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding proofs of parallel lines, similar and congruent triangles, right triangles, polygons, or any other geometric proof topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn geometric proofs.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra math learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Geometry Proofs final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What is Euclid's axiomatic geometry?
- How do direct proofs differ from geometric proofs?
- What is an indirect proof?
- How do I identify similar triangles?
- What are the three congruent triangle postulates and how do I use them?
- When do I use the Pythagorean theorem?
- What are inscribed and circumscribed figures?
- How do I determine the length measurements of tangents, cords, and secants?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How to Help Your ADHD Child Complete Their Homework
- Flashcards - Fundamentals of Geometry Proofs
- Michigan's 'Achievement System' Designed to Help Struggling Detroit Schools
- Flashcards - Right Triangles & Geometric Proofs
- Flashcards - Geometric Properties of Objects: Help and Review
- Flashcards - Parallel Line Proofs in Geometry
- 20 Web Apps to Help You Learn More and Study Less
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses