Course SummaryMake geometry concepts easy for your class to grasp using the lesson plans and other teaching resources in this course. In addition to the lesson plans, you'll find engaging, interactive games and activities as well as video and text lessons that can supplement your existing classroom instruction.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Our lesson plans and supplemental lessons offer an effective and quick way to relate geometry concepts such as angles, pi, graphing and plotting to your math class. You can help your students develop an understanding of how to measure shapes such as triangles, circles and polygons. Lesson plans show you fun, interactive ways to help your students learn, and the related lessons can be viewed in class or assigned for homework.
How It Works
Our material is designed to support your classroom materials by helping you build your curriculum and providing alternate ways for your students to learn about basic geometry. Classroom, homework and extended project ideas are described in our lesson plans to facilitate your students' learning experience. Concepts are clearly and concisely summarized in our video and text lessons so students can gain full understanding of each topic.
The course includes:
- Group and individual activities that promote participation and offer fun ways for students to relate to the material.
- Video lessons that can be paused and restarted at any time for classroom discussions or student questions.
- Printable video transcripts that can be used for handy reference tools or study guides.
- Text lessons that offer key terms in bold so students can memorize important concepts.
- Quizzes that you can use as assessment tools to determine how much students have learned and identify which topics they might need more time with.
How It Helps
- Ensures learning objectives are met: Identifies learning objectives for each topic and provides concrete strategies for meeting them.
- Provides engaging activities: Offers step-by-step instructions for fun classroom activities that maintain student interest and provide a hands-on learning experience.
- Offers supplemental teaching tools: Contains video and text lessons that are accessible from any device and can easily be incorporated into your syllabus.
In this course, you will find lesson plans that focus on the following:
- Basic geometry concepts
- Graphing and plotting
- Polygons and quadrilaterals
- Pi and circles
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- Drawing Lessons and Instruction: Overview of Classes and Coursework
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Biology Lesson Plans: Physiology, Mitosis, Metric System Video Lessons
- List of Free Online Geometry Courses and Lessons
- College Lessons Learned Outside the Classroom
- Beware: Lessons From Setting Up My Virtual Classroom
- Online Sign Language Lessons, Classes and Courses
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses