- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 80
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Property Valuation: Definition & Principles
Course SummaryReinforce your knowledge of various real estate topics as you get ready for the Georgia Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB) Certified General Appraiser exam. The short lessons and assessments that comprise this extensive study guide cover all of the concepts you need to know for the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Refer to this comprehensive study guide to refresh your memories or obtain new information about the approaches to establishing property value and applying appraisal methods. You'll find chapters devoted to real estate investment, land use, surveys, property ownership and transfer of property. You also have the opportunity to learn about the sales comparison, cost and income approaches to property valuation and standard appraiser practices. These lessons contain brief and informative overviews of these topics and are useful if you need a quick review of specific material before sitting for the Georgia AQB Certified General Appraiser Exam.
About the Exam
Those seeking a career as a real estate appraiser in the state of Georgia must take and pass that state's AQB Certified General Appraiser Exam. The exam is entirely computer based and contains 110 multiple-choice questions. The allotted time in which to complete this exam is six hours.
Georgia AQB Certified General Appraiser Exam Preparation & Registration
This chapter addresses all of the topics covered in each of the content areas of the Georgia AQB Certified General Appraiser Exam. Lessons provide study in property and market data analysis, property inspection, zoning and land use regulations, land survey tools and processes, methods of land valuation, property ownership rights and real estate investment. Other lessons cover ways to use real estate sales information and cost and income analysis to determine property value. One lesson is entirely devoted to Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP). You can check what you have learned and what you might need further review in by taking self-assessment quizzes found at the end of each lesson. There are also chapter tests and a final exam that allow you to practice answering questions similar to those you could see on test day.
After meeting all educational requirements, candidates for the Georgia AQB Certified General Appraiser Exam can register online or by phone or mail. Online registration is available through the AMP website. If registering by mail, a completed registration form must be submitted, but exam scheduling must be conducted via phone. Once you have been scheduled for the exam, you will be given a specific time to arrive at the testing site. Admittance to the exam requires that you display two forms of identification.
The Georgia AQB Certified General Appraiser Exam is administered by Applied Measurement Professionals, Inc. (AMP), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Schools for Aspiring Real Estate Appraisers: How to Choose
- Real Estate Appraiser Certification Schools in Texas
- Real Estate Appraiser: Education & Career Requirements
- Become a Texas Real Estate Appraiser: School and Degree Info
- Real Estate Appraiser: Job Description & Career Requirements
- How to Become an Appraiser: Step-by-Step Guide
- How to Become an Art Appraiser
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Free Online Appraiser Licensing Exam Preparation Information
- Fashion Design
- Agricultural Managers Job Description and Information About a Career in Agricultural Management
- Distance Learning Doctoral Degree Programs in Counseling Psychology
- EMS Refresher Course and Class Information
- Medical Records Technician Employment Info and Requirements for a Career As a Medical Record Technician
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses