- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 142
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Fiction? - Definition & Types
Course SummaryReview the lessons in this course to prepare for the Georgia Milestones 9th Grade Literature and Composition EOC test. Our short lessons and quizzes help you quickly study the concepts that appear on the test, and you can make sure you're ready by taking the course's final assessment.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
14 chapters in Georgia Milestones - 9th Grade Literature & Composition EOC: Test Prep & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Make studying for the Georgia Milestones 9th Grade Literature and Composition EOC test simple with help from this short course. Lessons provide a comprehensive overview of literature and composition concepts to ensure you understand types of literature, the writing process, how to use source materials, ways to analyze various texts and more. Each lesson is accompanied by a short self-assessment quiz designed to gauge your understanding of concepts covered. Chapter exams and a course exam are also available to reinforce the lessons. Once you've completed this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate how to define and analyze fictional texts
- Analyze and identify types of drama
- Understand the basics of poetry, its analysis and types of poems
- Describe literary figurative language, and analyze vocabulary in literature
- Show your ability to analyze nonfiction texts and understand argumentative and informative text
- Discuss the writing process, essay structure and essay writing conventions
- Share ways to use source materials
- Explain conventions in writing related to grammar, and describe phrases and clauses
About the Exam
In Georgia, students in grade 3 through high school take tests under the Georgia Milestones Assessment System to help educators gauge their progress. High school students take the Georgia Milestones 9th Grade Literature and Composition EOC test to meet end-of-course requirements and earn credit toward graduation. This test consists of 60 items and is broken into three sections. The first and second sections are allotted 75 minutes of test time, and the third section is granted 90 minutes. Test items take the form of selected-response, constructed-response, extended constructed-response and extended writing-response. Students take the test as a final exam for the Ninth Grade Literature and Composition course. It contributes 20% to the student's final grade. Testing dates vary by school and are determined by local calendars.
Preparing & Registering for the Georgia Milestones 9th Grade Literature & Composition EOC Test
Resources in this course ensure you are able to study for the exam at a pace that suits you best. Refresh your knowledge of literature and composition concepts any time, day or night, from your computer or mobile devices. When you're ready to test your knowledge of drama types, literary figurative language, how to use source materials, conventions in writing and more, simply take short quizzes with the lessons. Chapter exams provide more comprehensive reviews of the lessons, while the course exam tests your knowledge of all lessons in this course. If you have questions about lesson concepts, don't hesitate to submit your questions to our experts. These steps can increase your ability to succeed on the test.
In order to take the exam, you must first complete the Ninth Grade Literature and Composition course. A final grade of at least 70% must be acquired after calculating the course grade and EOC score to pass the course and earn graduation credit. To find out what's needed to prepare for the test, and to learn your scheduled test date(s), talk to your course teacher or school administrator.
Georgia Milestones Assessment System tests are administered by the Georgia Department of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- ACT Test Preparation & Resources
- CPCE Test Preparation & Resources
- AFOQT Test Preparation & Resources
- CCXP Test Preparation & Resources
- CGAP Test Preparation & Resources
- CNE Test Preparation & Resources
- CMA Test Preparation & Resources
- CNS Test Preparation & Resources
- NMTA Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses