- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 110
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Motion? - Definition & Laws
Course SummaryThis convenient online course can help you get ready for the Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC assessment. Our expert instructors take you through all of the physical science topics you need to know through brief lessons and interactive practice quizzes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
13 chapters in Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC: Test Prep & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course was designed to reflect the material that will be tested on the Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC Assessment. Here you will find lessons on motion and force; pressure, volume, and temperature; energy and heat; and waves. We will also cover work and simple machines, nuclear reactions, and atomic structure. In addition, when you have finished you will have studied:
- The periodic table
- Chemical reactions and bonding
- Chemical solutions
- Magnetic fields
About the Exam
Used by the state of Georgia as the final exam in their high school physical science course, the purpose of the Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC Assessment is to assess whether or not a student has attained mastery of state content standards in the subject matter. The computer-based test is composed of 55 selected-response (multiple-choice) questions. There are four categories tested, each making up approximately 25% of the test:
- Chemistry: Atomic and Nuclear Theory and the Periodic Table
- Chemistry: Chemical Reactions and Properties of Matter
- Physics: Energy, Force, and Motion
- Physics: Waves, Electricity, and Magnetism
Preparing & Registering for the Georgia Milestones - Physical Science EOC
Our system of learning was designed to be user-friendly. As a result, it is easy to track your progress through the course and navigate to the chapter and lesson that you need. The cornerstone of the system is our brief video lessons, which are taught by experienced instructors who are available to answer your questions through the user interface. Each video comes with a topic-searchable timeline for easy review and a lesson transcript with key words in bold type. Take advantage of our self-assessment quizzes and practice exams to make sure you have mastered the material presented.
As the Georgia Milestones assessments are given during the normal course of schooling, there is no need to register for the test. Questions regarding testing policies and conditions should be directed to the appropriate school official.
Georgia Milestones is owned and administered by the state of Georgia, and is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses in the Physical Sciences: Course Descriptions
- Physical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Top Schools for Physical Science
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Science Major: Information and Requirements
- Physical Science Degree Program Information
- Physical Sciences Bachelor Degrees and Majors
- Career Information for a Degree in Physical Sciences
- Becoming a Science Teacher in Georgia
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses