- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 31
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Building Your Team as a First-Time Manager
Course SummaryThis convenient online training course is intended for supervisors who wish to improve their feedback skills. The course contains short expertly-taught lessons that can be studied at any time.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Assign your organization's managers this course to help them strengthen their feedback skills. Through a series of bite-sized lessons, your managers will learn how to give and receive constructive feedback in the workplace. This mobile-friendly course is completely self-paced, and it includes short quizzes to help managers solidify their understanding of workplace feedback.
How It Works
This course can be used in a variety of situations. For example, you can integrate the course material during a corporate training session, or you can assign the course directly to your supervisors and have them complete it on their own time.
Using the course is easy:
- Engaging lessons present feedback concepts in a way that's easy to understand and remember
- Assessments are included to help your supervisors retain important feedback topics
- 24/7 access to the course helps managers study whenever it's convenient
- A final course exam ensures that your company's managers fully understand how to give and receive constructive feedback
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Your company's supervisors better understand their role in the feedback process.
- Explains the importance of feedback: The course lays out the many ways in which feedback is an integral part of an organization's success.
- Improves feedback skills: Supervisors who complete this course will be able to effectively communicate with their employees and deliver constructive and positive feedback.
After finishing the course, your company's supervisors should understand the following:
- The manager's role in the feedback process
- Purpose and benefits of workplace feedback
- Positive and constructive feedback
- Effective feedback communication skills
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Time Management Courses and Training Programs
- Online Safety Supervisor Courses and Classes
- Online Communication Skills Course Information
- Home Inspection Training Online: Summary of Courses
- Online Courses and Training to Be a Medical Assistant
- Online Adobe Training Programs and Courses
- Online Landscape Training with Course Information
- Online Income Tax Courses and Training
- Online LCSW Courses and Training Programs
- Online Acupuncture Courses and Training Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses