- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 141
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Chemistry? - Definition, History & Branches
Course SummaryClarify what you're reading in your Glencoe Chemistry - Matter and Change textbook with this comprehensive textbook help course. Get a better grade in class by watching our video lessons and taking our multiple-choice quizzes to ensure you understand the subject matter.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
24 chapters in Glencoe Chemistry - Matter And Change: Online Textbook Help
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Glencoe Chemistry - Matter And Change textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How it works:
- Identify the chapter in your Glencoe Chemistry - Matter And Change textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Glencoe Chemistry - Matter And Change textbook companion course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the chemistry topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why it works:
- Fun Content: These videos make learning chemistry fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: The lessons use exceptional educators who can take concepts like atomic structure or redox reactions and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Scientific data analysis
- Properties and states of matter
- Atomic structure
- The periodic table
- Ionic compounds and metallic bonding
- Covalent bonds
- Chemical reactions
- Properties of gases
- Mixtures and solutions
- Chemical reaction rates
- Chemical equilibrium
- Acids and bases
- Oxidation-reduction reactions
- Organic molecules
- Nuclear chemistry
Glencoe Chemistry - Matter And Change is a registered trademark of McGraw-Hill, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- You're Invited: College Open Textbooks Webinar
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Chemistry Quizzes
- Textbook Costs: Looking at Market Forces to Understand High Prices
- Advantages of Taking an Online Course Video
- People's Choice Nominees: Best Discount Textbook Provider
- Best Discount Textbook Provider, People's Choice Awards
- Cardiovascular Technology Bachelor
- Open Education Week How to Incentivize Open Ed for Users
- Wedding Dress Designer Employment Information for Students Considering a Career in Wedding Dress Design
- Education-Portalcom Now Accepting Nominations for Education Resource Peoples Choice Award
- Computer Technician Courses Online
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts