- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 290
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Why Study Psychology? - Overview & Experiments
Course SummaryUse this Glencoe Understanding Psychology textbook companion course to follow along and get the most out of your psychology textbook. Our video and text lessons align with the chapters in your book and help you understand challenging topics so you can get a better grade in class.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Glencoe Understanding Psychology textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How it works:
- Identify the chapter in your Glencoe Understanding Psychology textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Glencoe Understanding Psychology textbook companion course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the psychology topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why it works:
- Fun Content: These videos make learning psychology fun with engaging animation and real world examples.
- Great Instructors: The lessons use exceptional educators who can take concepts like personality and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- What the field of psychology is about
- Psychological research
- Neuroscience and behavior
- Sensation and perception
- States of consciousness
- Cognition and language
- Motivation and emotion
- Sexuality and gender
- Health psychology
- Psychological disorders
- Treatment of psychological disorders
- Social psychology
- Statistics in psychology
Glencoe Understanding Psychology is a registered trademark of McGraw-Hill Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Business Psychology Courses and Classes Overview
- Abnormal Psychology Course and Class Information
- Clinical Psychology Class and Course Information
- Criminal Psychology Courses and Classes Overview
- Organizational Psychology Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses and Classes in Behavioral Psychology
- Psychology Graduate Classes and Courses Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses