- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 308
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Periods of World History: Overviews of Eras from 8000 B.C.E to the Present
Course SummaryThis Glencoe World History Textbook Companion Course uses simple and fun videos to help students learn world history and earn a better grade. This textbook companion effectively teaches all the important world history concepts. Each of the video lessons is about five minutes long and is sequenced to align with the chapters in the Glencoe World History textbook.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Glencoe World History textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapter in your Glencoe World History textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Glencoe World History Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the world history topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Glencoe World History fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like imperialism and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will be able to learn all the world history topics in the textbook with this engaging course, including:
- Early humans and evolution
- Beginnings in China, Egypt, India and Western Asia
- Early Greek and Roman civilizations
- The growth of Christianity
- Early Asia
- Islam and early Africans
- Byzantine empire and Europe in the Middle Ages
- North and South America
- Renaissance, Reformation and Age of Exploration
- European absolutism
- Muslim empires and Eastern Asia
- The Enlightenment and American revolution
- French Revolution, industrialization and imperialism
- American Civil War
- World Wars I and II
- Cold War and the contemporary world
Glencoe World History is a registered trademark of McGraw-Hill Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses in World History
- 7 World History Facts That Will Amaze Your Kids
- List of Free Online World History Courses and Classes
- World History Teacher: Employment Info & Requirements
- CLEP Social Sciences and History: Aftermath of WWII Around the World
- CLEP Social Sciences and History: The Age of Nationalism in the Western World
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- What Are Some Accredited Schools that Offer Online Degree Programs in Early Church History and World Religions?
- How Students Can Really Help in a World Crisis
- Is Studying History Still Important?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses