- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 31
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Global Society: Definition & Concept
Course SummaryThis comprehensive corporate learning course helps employees quickly develop an understanding of global competency fundamentals/applications. By examining the course, your employees will gain access to lessons that can improve their global competency in the workplace.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In today's digital age, it's essential that professionals exhibit global competency. This professional development course helps your staff learn about global competency fundamentals and applications through a series of short, engaging and informative lessons. The course discusses the foundations, domains and outcomes of global competency, as well as global cultural flow dimensions, globalization and the impact of global education. The course is entirely self-paced, and your employees can review the chapters at their convenience. Additionally, the course comes with plenty of self-assessments that can help your staff retain the information.
How It Works
The course's online format makes it easy to study anytime and anywhere. You could share it during a company-wide or departmental training session, or you can assign the lessons to employees and have them review the course on their own time.
Using the course is easy:
- Bite-sized lessons show employees fundamental global competency topics
- Self-assessment quizzes give employees an opportunity to reinforce key concepts and test their understanding of the material
- Word-for-word lesson transcripts can be printed out for offline study
- A flexible online format allows employees to review the lessons on any computer or mobile device
- A final course exam ensures that your employees fully understand the fundamentals and applications of global competency
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Your organization will become aware of the importance and applications of globalization, global competence, global education and global cultural flow.
- Addresses essential concepts: Chapters highlight basic information related to global competency, including its foundations, domains and outcomes.
- Establishes global competency: Employees who complete the course will be able to exhibit global competency and apply their skills in the increasingly global business environment.
After finishing the course, your staff should be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of globalization and global competence
- Recognize the foundations, domains and outcomes of global competence
- Outline each dimension of global cultural flow
- Explain the function of global education
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Global Business Strategy Classes and Courses
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- 5 Techniques That Can Help You Improve Your Employees' Ability to Learn
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Competency-Based Learning
- Distance Learning Corporate Finance Degrees with Course Info
- Global Business Management Courses in Las Vegas with Degree Info
- Top College in Washington, DC, for Global Management Courses
- What HR Can Do to Improve Trust Among Employees
- Access Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Dr. Yongsheng Sun Talks Global Education and the Open Course Library
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses