- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 125
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is the GRE?
Course SummaryIn this helpful test prep course, we've outlined the subjects you'll find on the Quantitative Reasoning portion of the GRE General Exam. Through these video lessons, self-assessment quizzes and printable transcripts, our instructors present these math concepts in a mobile-friendly and easy-to-follow format.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Check out this study guide course as you prepare to take the Quantitative Reasoning measure of the GRE General Exam. As a handy pre-test exercise, take the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to see where you need to focus additional study. Our video lessons feature convenient video tabs that make it easy to go back and review just one portion of a video if you need to. This chapter is designed to help you study:
- Numbers and operations
- Series and sequences
- Expressions and equations
- Graphing parabolas, solving quadratics and factoring with FOIL
- Exponents and functions
- Rational equations and expressions
- Plane and coordinate geometry
- Probability, statistics and sets
About the Exam
Candidates seeking admission to graduate or business school must take the GRE General exam, which is made of three different sections - including the Quantitative Reasoning section. This portion of the exam tests candidates' basic math and problem-solving skills by asking four different types of questions. These include questions about arithmetic, algebra, geometry and data analysis. Many of these questions are posed as word problems that then must be transferred into and then completed in mathematical terms.
GRE Quantitative Reasoning Exam Preparation & Registration
We've designed this course to take the stress out of preparing for the GRE General Exam by providing you with the information you need to feel confident heading in to sit for the exam. You'll study all the concepts you could be tested on, including numbers sequences and series, graphing parabolas, exponents and functions and rational expressions and equations. Work through these lessons at your own pace while reviewing as much or as little information as you need to.
All test takers who wish to take the GRE General Exam are required to register and pay the required fees after creating an online account. Candidates may bring a calculator with them to take this test and are asked to arrive at their testing center 30 minutes before the test begins with valid photo identification matching the name they used to set up their online account.
GRE Quantitative Reasoning is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flashcards - GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Inequalities
- Flashcards - GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Functions
- Flashcards - GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Exponents
- Flashcards - Quantitative Reasoning in Math
- Flashcards - COOP Exam: Quantitative Reasoning
- Flashcards - GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Equations and Expressions
- Flashcards - GRE Quantitative Reasoning: Sequences and Series
- Flashcards - HSPT Test: Quantitative Reasoning
- Math Quizzes
- Should I Be a Math Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses