- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 142
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is the GRE?
This course can be found in: GRE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 4 GRE study guides, and 200+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIn this helpful test prep course, we've outlined the subjects you'll find on the Quantitative Reasoning portion of the GRE General Exam. Through these video lessons, self-assessment quizzes and printable transcripts, our instructors present these math concepts in a mobile-friendly and easy-to-follow format.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Use this study guide course as you prepare to take the Quantitative Reasoning measure of the GRE General Exam. Covered subjects include series and sequences, operations and numbers and equations, but you'll find much of the material you'll be tested on here. As a handy pre-test exercise, you can take the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to see if additional study is needed. Our video lessons feature convenient video tabs that make it easy to go back and review just select portions of a video. If you have questions or struggle with any of these lessons, simply reach out to an expert through the Dashboard.
Check out our GRE test prep materials! We've got GRE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive GRE study guides to help you study, GRE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational GRE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've designed this engaging test prep course to give you confidence as you prepare for the Quantitative Reasoning portion of the GRE exam. At your own pace, work through lessons on coordinate geometry, probability, graphing and any other subjects you need to review before test day. This course is designed to ensure you can:
- Understand numbers and operations
- Outline series and sequences
- Remember rules for solving expressions and equations
- Graph parabolas, solve quadratics and factor with FOIL
- Recognize exponents, roots and functions
- Solve rational equations and expressions
- Identify inequalities
- Discuss plane and coordinate geometry
- Outline probability, statistics and sets
- Work with mixed numbers, decimals and fractions
This course is made up of 12 chapters and 109 lessons that reflect all of the subjects that you'll need to know to do well on the exam. To ensure you're ready, answer the multiple-choice questions on the lesson quizzes and chapter tests.
GRE Quantitative Reasoning Exam Information
Candidates seeking admission to graduate or business school must take the GRE General exam, which is made up of three different sections - including the Quantitative Reasoning section.
- Number of Questions: 40 (20 in each section)
- Question Type: Quantitative comparison, multiple-choice and numeric entry
- Time Limit: 70 minutes (two 35-minute sections)
- Exam Cost: $205 for entire General Exam
GRE Quantitative Reasoning Exam Preparation & Registration
We've designed this course to take the stress out of preparing for the GRE General Exam by providing you with the information you need to feel confident heading in to sit for the exam. You'll study all the concepts you could be tested on, including numbers sequences and series, graphing parabolas, exponents and functions and rational expressions and equations. Work through these lessons at your own pace while reviewing as much or as little information as you need to.
All test-takers who wish to take the GRE General Exam are required to register and pay the required fees after creating an online account. Candidates may bring a calculator with them to take this test and are asked to arrive at their testing center 30 minutes before the test begins with valid photo identification matching the name they used to set up their online account.
GRE Quantitative Reasoning is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Be a Math Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Math? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- When to Use a Self-Assessment With Your Job Search Video
- Kindergarten Math Worksheets & Printables
- Self-Assessments for Choosing a Career Path Video
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Should I Become a Doctor? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Radiologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Principal? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Psychologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts