- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 20
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Intro to Business Networking
Course SummaryThe text and video lessons in this course offer realistic advice from business experts on how to expand your professional network in person and online. The videos can help you build your business network and improve your networking skills.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The Guide to Business Networking course gives people the road map they will need to start building a vast network of professional colleagues. Each of these entertaining and straightforward video lessons covers different aspects of professional networking, including networking with people in the real world and through social media. Students of this course can assess what they have learned through answering course-related questions. Although there are many different ways to network in the business world, the lessons in this course have been created to help you understand the preliminary steps for developing your network.
Topics covered in this course include:
Traditional networking tactics
Although networking has changed immensely in the past several decades, knowing some of the more traditional networking strategies is essential to developing a strong knowledge base. Discover how to identify networking opportunities at conferences, city council meetings, or other events. Learn about the mistakes to avoid when networking with colleagues and new acquaintances.
Social media platforms
Networking through social media is more than just having an account on Facebook or LinkedIn. Lessons from this course can help you gain a better understanding of the benefits and disadvantages of using social media as a networking strategy. Examine all the major social media sites and find out which sites are best for your professional networking goals.
Tech tools for networking
Beyond social media, there are many technological advancements that can be useful for networking, but it is easy to misuse or abuse these tools. Lessons from this course provide instruction on how best to utilize instant messages, emails, newsletters, and RSS feeds. Explore networking tips to use when writing blog posts, and learn how to make sound business connections through blogging.
After you have established how networking can help you reach your career goals faster, you will need to start practicing your networking skills. This course provides guidance for:
- Developing networks for better job opportunities
- Choosing professional organizations to boost networking options
- Establishing rules of engagement for approaching new connections
- Nurturing current network connections for a lasting relationship
- and more!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Importance of Job Networking Video
- How to Find Job Networking Contacts Video
- Making Job Networking Work for You Video
- How to Make a Job Networking Connection Video
- Business Videos
- How to Get Your Professional Networking on Track
- Online Courses and Degrees Related to Networks
- Online Network Engineering Courses and Classes
- Networking: How Can Networking Help with Career Planning
- What Is Network Marketing?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses