- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 64
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Evaluate Expressions with Substitution
Course SummaryIf you use the Harcourt On Core Mathematics - Algebra 1 textbook in class, this course is a great resource to supplement your studies. The course covers the same important algebra concepts found in the book, but uses short videos that make the algebra lessons easier to understand and more fun to learn.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
9 chapters in Harcourt On Core Mathematics - Algebra 1: Online Textbook Help
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone using the Harcourt On Core Mathematics - Algebra 1 textbook in class can benefit from this companion course. You'll learn about algebra subjects faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Find the chapter within this course that corresponds to the one you're studying in the Harcourt On Core Mathematics - Algebra 1 textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the algebra topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding of each lesson.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Harcourt On Core Mathematics - Algebra 1 fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like linear functions and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will be able to learn all the algebra topics in the textbook with this engaging course, including:
- Algebraic modeling
- Linear equations and inequalities
- Systems of equations
- Linear and exponential functions
- Absolute value and piecewise functions
- Forms of quadratic functions
- Data analysis
Harcourt On Core Mathematics is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- Algebra 1: Summary of Coursework
- Algebra 2: Coursework Overview
- What Are Some Online Video Mathematics Courses that Would Assist ME in Physics?
- How Do Study.com Courses Align With Common Core Standards?
- How Hard Is IT to Learn Algebra and Calculus Online?
- Can Someone with a Computer Science PhD with Experience in Machine Learning, Optimization, Linear Algebra and Statistics Make a Shift to a Quantitative Position in Finance?
- Jobs that Involve Algebra
- List of Free Online Geometry Courses and Lessons
- College Math Credits From Online Colleges and Universities
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses