- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 257
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Immune System Lesson Plan
Course SummaryUse this helpful teacher resource collection to develop lesson plans for your health and physical education classes. The course offers lesson plan outlines, activities and additional resources that are designed to make your health and physical education classes informative and fun.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Health & Physical Education Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you will find all the tools you need to develop a well-rounded physical education and health program to supplement your regular instruction. The lessons will help you develop your syllabus and create sound lesson plans covering food and nutrition, team sports, games and activities and a great deal more. You will find information that will help you build lessons on:
- Diet and nutrition
- Team games and sports
- Much, much more!
How It Helps
- Common core: Helps to ensure that your physical education and health classes are consistent with current education standards
- Class discussion questions/topics: Offers suggestions for health and nutrition-related topics and questions to stimulate class discussion and student participation
- Activities or games: Provides lessons on team sports that you can use to encourage physical activity in your classes
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning health and physical education lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific topics on health and physical education that you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your class outline on health and physical education using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related health and physical education lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important concepts from these lessons on health and physical education.
- Engage your students with relevant health and physical education-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Health and Physical Education Lesson Plans
- Physical Education Courses and Classes Overview
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Education
- Physical Therapy Continuing Education Courses and Classes
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Texas
- How to Become a Physical Education Teacher in Massachusetts
- Online Physical Education Classes and Training Programs
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- Landscape Design Education: Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses