- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 19
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Strategies for Understanding Various Forms of Writing
Course SummaryTake High School 101 to prepare for high school. These fun and simple lessons cover key math, science, reading, writing and social science topics that you'll need to know before starting high school, and the course also shows you how to develop strong high school study skills.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you're about to start high school, make sure you're prepared by taking our High School 101: High School Readiness course. The course offers short lessons that are taught by subject matter experts, as well as practice quizzes that reinforce important concepts. As you work through the course, you'll learn how to study effectively in high school, and you'll review a variety of high school math, social science, science, reading and writing concepts. You can access the course at any time using your desktop, laptop, mobile device or tablet.
The course can benefit students, teachers, parents and adult learners.
- Students who are entering high school can review the course to refresh their understanding of the high school subjects they'll need to know.
- Middle school teachers can incorporate these lessons in their curricula to assess their students' readiness for high school.
- Adult students who are thinking of taking the GED can take this course to see if they understand foundational concepts in common high school subjects.
- Parents with middle school students can use the course to tutor their kids and make sure they're adequately prepared for high school.
- High school reading and writing skills
- Basic math, science and social science concepts for high school
- Study skills for high school grade levels
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Life Skills You'll Need in College That High School Didn't Teach You
- How to Become a High School Math Teacher
- How to Become a High School Science Teacher in Florida
- How to Become a High School Science Teacher in Ohio
- How to Become a High School Science Teacher in California
- How to Become a High School Science Teacher in Texas
- How to Become a High School Science Teacher in Washington State
- Are High Schools Failing to Prepare Students for College?
- Should High School Students Take College Courses?
- High School Diploma Through the Mail
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses