- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 172
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Solving Word Problems: Steps & Examples
Course SummaryKeep your homeschooler engaged by introducing the fun video lessons in this High School Algebra I: Homeschool Curriculum course into your teaching. Our learning tools can be reviewed on any computer or mobile device, making studying flexible, convenient and easy for your homeschool student.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Why It Works:
- Quality Content: Engaging animations and real-life examples make decimals and percent notation easy to grasp for students with multiple learning styles.
- Students Learn Efficiently: The self-based course allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Save Time: Spend less time preparing lessons and more time working with your student.
What You Get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to High School Algebra I, your membership includes access to a full high school homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can easily monitor course progress and subject mastery.
- Built-In Assessments: Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert algebra instructors any question about exponents, math word problems, real numbers or any other High School Algebra I topics. They're here to help!
How It Works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary High School Algebra I homeschool curriculum or as supplemental material.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes and unit exams.
High School Algebra I Learning Objectives:
- Complete a review of basic arithmetic.
- Learn how to simplify square roots.
- Explain absolute value and matrices.
- Study the properties of exponents.
- Demonstrate how to graph and factor quadratic equations.
- Learn to solve cubic equations.
- Explore measurement and geometry.
- Study algebraic distribution.
- Learn the properties of polynomial functions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Homeschool Curriculum
- Homeschool Home
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- Why I Let My Homeschooler Fail Sometimes
- How to Keep Learning Fun When Students Have the Winter Blues
- Homeschool High School Diploma Program Overviews
- How We Used College Instructors to Teach Our Homeschool High Schoolers
- How Mobile Apps and Devices Impact Teaching and Learning: EduMOOC 2011
- Classroom Projects That Engaged My High School Students
- Homeschooling Your ADHD Child with Animated Video Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses