- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 257
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is a Number Line?
Course SummaryOur flexible High School Algebra I: Tutoring Solution course can help you get caught up in class or study for an exam. You can contact one of our instructors if you still have questions after you've read through the chapters.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other high school algebra I work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn algebra I material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding decimals, percent notation, function properties, factoring, linear equations, rational expressions or any other algebra I topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing algebra I
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school algebra I
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning algebra I simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live math tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn algebra I on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Review basic arithmetic.
- Practice solving math word problems.
- Explore the relationships between decimals, fractions and percents.
- Understand the concept of real numbers.
- Practice working with exponents and exponential expressions.
- Learn about radical and algebraic expressions.
- Develop your knowledge of matrices and absolute value.
- Study complex and imaginary numbers.
- Learn about linear equations and factoring.
- Explore cubic and quadratic equations.
- Review standard units of measurement and the metric system.
- Study basic geometry concepts.
- Practice calculations with ratios and proportions.
- Explore data, probability and statistics concepts.
- Learn about well-known equations and their applications.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Cosmetology Instructor Courses and Classes
- Aerobic Instructor Course and Class Descriptions
- CPR Instructor Classes and Courses Overview
- Education Requirements to Teach High School Classes and Courses
- Online High School Guidance Counselor Courses and Classes Overview
- Online High Schools: Overview of Course and Class Offerings
- Online CPR Instructor Courses and Classes Overview
- Make-Up Schools in Nashville, TN with Class and Course Summaries
- Miami Make Up Schools with Class and Course Information
- Farming Studies Course and Class Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses