- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 253
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Science Vocabulary & Concepts: Study Skills & Word Parts
Course SummaryOur High School Biology homeschool curriculum can explain even the toughest biology topics to your homeschooler in a way that is engaging and easy to understand. Use the assessment quizzes, chapter tests and final exam to ensure that your homeschooler understands the material and meets curriculum standards.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Why It Works:
- Quality Content: Engaging animations and real-life examples make biology topics easy to grasp for students with multiple learning styles.
- Students Learn Efficiently: The self-based course allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Save Time: Spend less time preparing lessons and more time working with your student.
What You Get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to High School Biology, your membership includes access to a full high school homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can monitor course progress and subject mastery easily.
- Built-In Assessments: Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert biology instructors any question about heredity, animal behavior or other high school biology topics. They're here to help!
How It Works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary high school biology homeschool curriculum or as supplemental material.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes and unit exams.
High School Biology Learning Objectives:
- Define basic science terms.
- Understand lab procedures.
- Review the fundamental principles of organic and inorganic chemistry.
- Examine enzymes and their purpose.
- Explore the structure and function of cells.
- See what biological systems require.
- Learn how cells communicate.
- Examine metabolic biochemistry.
- Gain an understanding of cell division.
- Define nucleic acids and their purpose.
- See how DNA replicates itself.
- Explore the fundamental rules of heredity.
- Learn how and why genes mutate.
- Examine genomics and DNA technology.
- Learn about bacterial biology and viruses.
- Review theories of the origin of the universe and evolution.
- Study the geologic development of Earth.
- See how organisms are classified in biology.
- Review the basics of plant biology, including growth and reproduction.
- Get information on fungi.
- Explore basic facts about vertebrates and invertebrates, including the circulatory, respiratory, endocrine and immune systems.
- Look at how reproduction works in humans.
- See how human actions have affected the environment.
- Get an overview of animal behavior.
- Learn techniques used in a biology lab.
- Review techniques for data analysis.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Homeschool Credit
- Homeschool High School Diploma Program Overviews
- When Can a Homeschooler Start Taking Online College Classes?
- Accredited Online Home School Degree Options
- Relax - Your Kids Are Learning More Than You Think!
- Homeschool Record Keeping: What You Should Be Tracking & How to Do IT Efficiently
- 5 Ways to Get Your Child Excited for Back to School When You Homeschool
- How to Use the End of Summer to Ease Into a Homeschool Routine
- Homeschool Curriculum
- Career Information for a Degree in Teaching High School Curriculum
- Occupational Health Nurse Job Description and Info About Becoming a Certified Occupational Health Nurse
- Air Conditioning Technology: Adult Education Programs in HVAC Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technology Certificate Programs in Kennesaw GA
- Become an Excavator Education and Career Roadmap
- Become a Gaffer Training and Career Roadmap
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 83,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses