- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 111
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Geography? - Definition, Facts & Types
Course SummaryThis online homeschool course is all you need to teach high school geography. Homeschool parents will find that the engaging videos bring learning to life and make even the most difficult concepts easy to understand.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Why it works:
- Quality Content: Engaging animations and real-life examples make geography topics easy to grasp for students with multiple learning styles.
- Students Learn Efficiently: The self-based course allows students to learn at their own pace.
- Save Time: Spend less time preparing lessons and more time working with your student.
- Greater involvement: Take an active role in your child's learning by helping them to tackle course assignments.
What you get:
- Complete Course Library: In addition to high school geography, your membership includes access to a full high school homeschool curriculum and hundreds of additional courses.
- Online Dashboard: Parents and students can monitor course progress and subject mastery easily.
- Built-In Assessments: Quizzes and practice exams allow students to test their knowledge and parents to monitor mastery.
- Embedded Assignments: Assignments and projects based on course material give students the opportunity to contextualize and demonstrate their learning.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our expert instructors any question about geography, or other high school social studies topics.
How it works:
- Use the video lessons as your primary high school geography curriculum or as supplemental material.
- Complete each unit at your own pace.
- Watch lessons, reviewing or pausing as often as you need.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce learning.
- Check understanding through lesson quizzes, assignments, and unit exams.
High school geography learning objectives:
- Discuss the themes and principals of geography
- Review map reading skills
- Share key concepts in astronomy, climatology and meteorology
- Identify Earth's landforms
- Understand the relationships between geography, culture and economics
- Identify the geography of Earth's major regions
- Examine geography case studies
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Tech Can Make Life Easier For Homeschool Parents
- How We Used College Instructors to Teach Our Homeschool High Schoolers
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Homeschool Home
- Homeschool Parents: Use These 5 Activities When You Need a Break
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- Thoughts Every Homeschool Parent Has Had
- 5 Learning Tools for Middle Schoolers to Make Your Life Easier As a Teacher
- Homeschool High School Diploma Program Overviews
- Life Skills You'll Need in College That High School Didn't Teach You
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses