- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 267
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Physics? - Definition, History & Branches
Course SummaryGet the most out of your high school physics class with this handy tutoring course. Work on getting a better grade in class by taking our self-assessment quizzes to see where you need to focus your study, and then watch the related video lessons.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other high school physics work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn high school physics material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding Newton's laws, linear momentum, magnetism, nuclear physics, fluid mechanics or any other high school physics topic.
- Have limited time for studying.
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their physics learning.
- Prefer learning physics visually.
- Find themselves failing or close to failing high school physics.
- Cope with ADD or ADHD.
- Want to get ahead in high school physics.
- Don't have access to their physics teacher outside of class.
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning high school physics simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live high school physics tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn high school physics on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Study the metric system and learn to convert among the most common metric units.
- Describe characteristics of different types of vectors.
- Define scalars and vectors and explain their differences.
- Learn to calculate the weight of an object of known mass.
- Study Newton's laws of motion.
- Understand the importance of energy in nature.
- Learn the definition for momentum and its equation.
- Review the formulas to calculate speed and velocity.
- Learn about electric charge and force.
- Describe characteristics of fluids and density.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- Does Taking AP Classes or General Classes in High School Look Better for College Acceptance Applications?
- How to Study Less & Still Get Better Grades in High School
- High School Study Tips: Three Steps to Better Grades!
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Online High School Guidance Counselor Courses and Classes Overview
- Online High Schools: Overview of Course and Class Offerings
- Education Requirements to Teach High School Classes and Courses
- Video Production Courses and Classes Overview
- Music Video Director Courses and Classes
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses