High School Precalculus Textbook
- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 251
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Linear Equation?
Course SummaryInstead of using a traditional textbook, use our mobile-friendly high school precalculus textbook replacement course to work with your students. For less than you'd spend on textbooks, your students can review our professionally designed video and text lessons to learn all they need to know.
Sign up to start this course today
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
High School Precalculus Textbook • 189K views • 7 min
About this course:
28 hours of educational videos
251 self-paced lessons
33 practice tests
Luke has taught high school algebra and geometry, college calculus, and has a master's degree in education.
32 chapters in High School Precalculus Textbook
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Any instructor who teaches high school precalculus can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most precalculus textbooks.
How It Works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like geometry and trigonometry are perfect for briefly introducing a precalculus topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional precalculus textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of graphing, linear equations and vectors.
- Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online precalculus textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like absolute values easy to understand.
- Cost Effective: Using our Precalculus Textbook course can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Blended Learning: All of Study.com's courses are perfect solutions for a flipped classroom environment, blending classroom, digital and mobile learning into one package.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring ellipses, quadrants and other high school precalculus topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Skill-Building Courses: In addition to in-depth instruction, courses include practice lessons, quizzes, practical learning exercises and how-to guides to help students develop higher-order thinking skills.
- Adaptive Learning: Our fully online textbook courses integrate technology in classrooms to give students an important understanding of precalculus as well as the technical skills they'll need for their future.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online precalculus textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in your precalculus class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings precalculus lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb precalculus concepts, equations, functions and graphs.
- Identify the precalculus topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging precalculus video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like polynomial functions and determinants..
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any precalculus topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our Precalculus course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about Pythagorean identities, variables and imaginary numbers .
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in precalculus, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this precalculus course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand a precalculus concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Linear equations
- Inequalities in precalculus
- Absolute value
- Complex numbers
- Quadratics fundamentals
- Basic geometry
- Expressions and graphs
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- Math models
- Functions in precalculus
- Polynomial functions
- The rate of change
- Advanced polynomial functions
- Functions and quotients
- Trigonometric equations
- Graphs in trigonometry
- Piecewise functions
- Applications for trigonometry
- Rational functions and quotients
- Continuity in precalculus
- Conic sections and analytic geometry
- Determinants, vectors and matrices
- Use of limits
- Parameterizations and polar coordinates
- Series and sequences
- Functions for trigonometry
- Rational expressions and graph analysis
- Trigonometric identities
- Sets and groups
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 88,000 lessons
Explore our library of over 88,000 lessons
Search Courses & Lessons
Browse by Subject
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses