- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 169
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Course SummaryIf you need to study for an upcoming trigonometry test, bring up your grades or simply get more practice solving trig problems, look no further than this high school precalculus course. The course's engaging lessons and quizzes can be accessed at any time that fits your schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Study this course to explore the branch of mathematics used to calculate dimensions of right and non-right triangles as well as other geometric shapes, including circles, conic sections and spheres. This high school trigonometry course features short, illustrated videos and matching transcripts that make lesson content engaging and easy to follow. You can use these resources to explore any topic you'd like in whichever order you please. There are also self-assessment quizzes that link correct and incorrect answers back to video content, so you can reinforce your understanding of the material.
This convenient trigonometry course can help several types of students, teachers, casual learners and working professionals.
- Teachers can use these lessons to supplement their high school trigonometry curricula by screening video lessons in class and assigning quizzes as homework.
- Students can use these lessons to catch up on trigonometry concepts they've missed in class or prepare for upcoming quizzes and exams in their trig classes.
- Working professionals who want to expand their math skills can take this course to learn, study and practice important trigonometry concepts that might be useful on-the-job.
- Casual learners who are simply curious about trigonometry can conveniently access these lessons on any laptop, desktop, tablet or mobile device.
- Absolute value equations
- Complex numbers
- Systems of linear equations
- Mathematical modeling
- Function operations
- Graph symmetry
- Graphing with functions
- Polynomial, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions
- Trigonometric graphs, equations and identities
- Analytic geometry and conic sections
- Types and properties of real numbers
- Coordinate geometry
- Triangle trigonometry
- Circular arcs, circles and angles
- Trigonometric applications
- Polar coordinates and parameterizations
- Resources for teaching high school trigonometry
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Study Less & Still Get Better Grades in High School
- How to Fit Studying for Your Teacher Certification Into Your Schedule
- High School Study Tips: Three Steps to Better Grades!
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Trigonometry: Summary of Coursework
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- No Art History? No Problem: High Schools Share Courses with the Jesuit Virtual Learning Academy
- Setting Up Your 2nd Grade Daily Class Schedule
- Online Courses in International Studies with School Info
- High School Courses May Be Lacking in Rigor
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses