- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 264
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Native American History: Origins of Early People in the Americas
Course SummaryGet a better grade in high school US History with our flexible, fun tutoring course. Supplement your class lectures and textbooks with our professionally-designed video lessons, and access our materials on any computer or mobile device, at any time.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other U.S. history work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn U.S. history material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the American Revolution, the Civil War, Manifest Destiny, the post-war world, the rise of political conservatism, westward expansion or any other U.S. history topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history learning
- Prefer learning history visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing high school U.S. history
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school U.S. history
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning U.S. history simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live course topic tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn U.S. history on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn about the first contacts with the Native Americans.
- Take a look at early settlements in North America.
- Describe the events leading up to the Revolution.
- Discuss the major events of the American Revolution.
- Examine the important documents that laid the foundation for the new nation.
- Learn about the Virginia Dynasty.
- Become familiar with Jacksonian democracy.
- Understand what life was like in Antebellum America.
- Discuss Manifest Destiny and America's westward expansion.
- Examine the sectional crisis in America.
- Take a look at the major events of the Civil War.
- Explore the Reconstruction period following the Civil War.
- Learn about the industrialization and urbanization of America.
- Describe the politics of the Progressive Era.
- Understand the reasons for American imperialism.
- Discuss American life during the Roaring 20s.
- Explain the causes and effects of the Great Depression.
- Take a look at the highlights of World War II.
- Learn what the world was like following World War II.
- Describe the causes and effects of the Cold War.
- Explore political activism and civil disobedience in the US.
- Discuss influential events of the 1970s.
- Take a look at the rise of political conservatism in the 80s.
- Learn about significant political events in contemporary America.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- Online Courses and Classes in Computer Design
- Free Online Art History Courses, Lectures & Learning Materials
- Online Computer Software Design Courses and Classes
- How to Study Less & Still Get Better Grades in High School
- Online Computer Science Courses, Classes and Schools
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- History 101: 10 Free Video Lectures
- Professional Engineering Classes and Courses
- Kitchen and Bath Computer Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses