- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 95
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Mixtecos: Culture, Language, Food & Art
Course SummaryStudy the history, people and culture of the Americas with this convenient online course. Review the course whenever you need to improve your understanding of these historical topics for exams, class assignments, homework, special projects and more.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this course, you'll learn all about the history, people and culture of the Americas. Broken into short chapters, the course provides an overview of the Pre-columbian era, the European colonization of the Americas and important civilizations and empires from various time periods. The course is available to study at any time, and it's accessible on any device that has an Internet connection. Our lessons are taught by expert history instructors who are also available to answer any questions you may have about these historical topics. The course also comes with interactive lesson quizzes and multiple-choice chapter exams.
This course has a variety of uses and benefits for students, casual learners, parents and teachers.
- Students in history classes can use the course as a handy textbook supplement, homework-help tool and test preparation resource.
- Casual learners can study the Americas at any time that fits their schedules.
- Parents who want to tutor their students on the history of the Americas can access the course on any computer or mobile device. The online format of the course makes for a flexible and convenient tutoring experience.
- Teachers can easily integrate the course's lessons, transcripts and assessments into their history curricula. The course resources can be used in class or assigned as homework.
- The colonization of the Americas
- Organizations and independence movements of indigenous peoples
- The Aztec and Mayan empires
- Indigenous peoples of South America, the Caribbean and Mexico
- Facts related to the Moche civilization and the Toltec empire
- The history of the Pre-Columbian era
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- List of Free Online American History Courses and Classes
- Online German Courses and Classes Review
- Online Banking Classes and Courses Review
- Online Merchandising Course and Class Reviews
- Online Japanese Courses and Classes Review
- Online Cryptography Course and Class Reviews
- Online History Courses and Classes: Course Descriptions
- Online Courses and Classes in Family Studies
- Online Courses and Classes in Recreation Studies
- Online Courses and Classes in Ancient History
- Campus Security Guard Certification and Certificate Program Info
- Animal Health Technician Training and Degree Program Info
- 110 Years of Awarding Excellence The Nobel Foundation Announces the 2010 Nobel Laureates
- Charlottesville, Virginia (VA) Colleges
- Geropsychology Education and Training Program Summaries
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses