- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 30
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Monotheism: Islam, Judaism & Christianity
Course SummaryThis History of Islam: Help & Review course provides useful tools to master the history of the Islamic religion. Each lesson includes a short video and interactive quiz, allowing you to quickly study and review material in one easy step. When you have completed this course you could be better prepared for a religious studies class, examination or assignment.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from Islam's history will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding Islam's core beliefs, sacred texts, cultural views, conflicts, or any other Islam topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about Islam.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra religion learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the History of Islam final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- Who founded the religion of Islam?
- What are the sacred texts of Islam?
- What are the Five Pillars of Islam?
- Where do Muslims go to worship?
- What are some of the major Muslim accomplishments in science and the arts?
- How has Sharia law impacted Muslim life?
- How do Muslims view gender and sexuality?
- How did leaders spread Islam throughout history?
- What were the causes and effects of the Crusades?
- Why is there a division between Sunnis and Shiites?
- How has Islamic fundamentalism affected international politics?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- Flashcards - WEST History: Islam
- Flashcards - MTTC History: Islam
- Flashcards - MTEL History: Islam
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- Online Banking Classes and Courses Review
- Online Japanese Courses and Classes Review
- Online German Courses and Classes Review
- Online Cryptography Course and Class Reviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses