- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 53
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How Geography & Climate Impacted Russia's Early History
Course SummarySupplement your history class studies by referring to this History of Russia: Help & Review course. Short video lessons offer fun and engaging ways you can learn and easily retain information about early and current Russian culture, politics, conflicts and other events to help you prepare for a class discussion or exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from Russian history will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding Mongol rule, Peter the Great's role, territory changes in the 19th century, the Russian Civil War, the rise and fall of the Soviet Union, or any other Russian history topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn Russian history.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra history learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the History of Russia: Help & Review final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How did Russian geography affect early Russian culture?
- Who were the early east Slavic tribes?
- How did Mongol rule change early Russian religion and customs?
- Who was Ivan the Terrible?
- How was the Romanov Dynasty established?
- What was Peter the Great's role in the westernization of Russia?
- What were the major historical events during the rule of Alexander I?
- What was the December Revolt?
- How did Russian territory change during the 19th Century?
- What were the industrial developments in 19th Century Russia?
- Who were the Bolsheviks?
- What were the oppositional governments during the Russian Civil War?
- How was the Soviet Union created?
- What were the policies of Stalin in the Soviet Union?
- How did the Soviet Union dominate Eastern Europe?
- What events led to the fall of the Soviet Union and the end of the Cold War?
- How has Putin impacted Russian politics?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- List of Free Online Russian Courses and Classes
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Master's Degree IN Russian History
- Learn to Draw People: Course and Class Information
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses