- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 39
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Roots of the Vietnam War: Learning Objectives & Activities
Course SummaryTake History of the Vietnam War for Teachers to earn credits to apply toward your licensure renewal requirements. Learn with fun and engaging history video lessons that you can watch around your teaching schedule.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
7 chapters in History of the Vietnam War for Teachers: Professional Development
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your history teaching license with History of the Vietnam War for Teachers. Brush up on history topics so you can better teach history of the Vietnam War and other related subjects. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in less than two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn history credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about causes of the conflict and major battles.
- Check your knowledge of things like Vietnam in the first half of the 20th century and post-war Vietnam with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert history instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the DSST History exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. DSST credits are accepted by over 2,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
History of the Vietnam War for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- History teachers who want to brush up on history of the Vietnam War
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging history videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a history unit or course
- Aspiring history teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make history easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert history instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review history terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn history credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including U.S. History for Teachers, Western Europe Since 1945 for Teachers, and Foundations of Education for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in history as well as biology, sociology, political science, and other topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clicking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete History of the Vietnam War for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Chapter||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Roots of the Vietnam War (Indochina through 1945, Ho Chi Minh, the First Indochina War)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||Unrest in Vietnam During the Eisenhower Years (the Domino Theory, Ngo Dinh Diem's rise to power, the National Liberation Front)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||John F. Kennedy and the Vietnam War (advisors and policy making, America's growing role in Vietnam, turning points)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||Lyndon B. Johnson and the Vietnam War (Gulf of Tonkin Crisis, South Vietnamese leaders, military strategies, opposition to the war)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5||Vietnam War During the Nixon Years (Vietnamization, bombing of Cambodia, the Paris Peace Accords)|
|Day 6||Chapter 6||Major Battles and Offenses of the Vietnam War (important battles, including the Tet Offensive and the Easter Offensive of 1972; the My Lai Massacre)|
|Day 7||Chapter 7||The Vietnam War After American Involvement (fall of Saigon, spread of communism, post-war issues, including the Vietnam Syndrome)|
|Day 8||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for the history of the Vietnam War|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Does IT Take to Be a History Teacher?
- North Dakota Teacher Licensure Renewal
- Learn History
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- History Videos
- History Teacher: Educational Requirements
- How to Earn Credits Towards Your Degree Before You Even Start School
- Learn American History
- Learn World History
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses