- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 123
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Chemistry? - Definition, History & Branches
Course SummaryIf your Holt Chemistry textbook is proving challenging, our flexible textbook companion course can help. Each chapter in your book aligns to one of our short video lessons, so you can study tough topics at your own pace and get a better grade in class.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Holt Chemistry textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How it works:
- Identify the chapter in your Holt Chemistry textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Holt Chemistry textbook companion course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the chemistry topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why it works:
- Fun Content: These videos make learning chemistry fun with engaging animation and real world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like covalent compounds and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Atoms and moles
- The periodic table
- Ions and ionic compounds
- Covalent compounds
- The chemical and mole composition
- Chemical equations and reactions
- States of matter and intermolecular forces
- Chemical equilibrium
- Acids and bases
- Nuclear chemistry
- Carbon and organic compounds
- Reaction rates
- Chemical solutions
- Biological chemistry
Holt Chemistry is a registered trademark of Holt McDougal, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- Textbook Rebels with a Cause
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- How I Used the Feynman Technique to Study and Got Better Grades
- Organic Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Chemistry Teacher Courses with Classes Overview
- Registered Nurse Job Information and Requirements for Students Considering a Career As a RN
- Heavy Machinery Operator Job Outlook and Information About Starting a Career As a Heavy Machinery Operator
- Make-up Artist NYC Classes
- Nude Artists Information About the Nude Arts and Becoming a Nude Artist
- Ecology Conservation Biology Graduate Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses