- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 82
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Geometry?
Course SummarySupplement what you're learning in your geometry textbooks with our Holt Geometry: Online Textbook Help course. Use these fun video lessons to review some of the more challenging concepts in covered in this textbook and then test your knowledge with our accompanying quizzes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Holt Geometry textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How it works:
- Identify the chapter in your Holt Geometry textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Holt Geometry Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the geometry topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why it works:
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Holt Geometry fun with engaging animation and real world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like geometric proofs and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Measuring lengths and angles
- Using the coordinate plane
- Building geometric proofs
- Area and perimeter of shapes, including and parallelograms and trapezoids
- Properties of circles, including tangents and chords
- Properties of lines
- Triangle construction and congruence
- The Pythagorean theorem
- Surface area and volume of 3-dimensional shapes, including prisms and spheres
- Similarity theorems
- Trigonometry, including sine and cosine
Holt Geometry is a registered trademark of Holt, Rinehart and Winston, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Geometry Quizzes
- You're Invited: College Open Textbooks Webinar
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- Textbook Rebels with a Cause
- Geometry Videos
- List of Free Online Geometry Courses and Lessons
- Win Free Textbooks for a Year
- Where to Find Free and Low-Cost Textbooks
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses