- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 161
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Health & Wellness: Definition and Dimensions
Course SummaryThis Holt Lifetime Health Textbook Companion Course uses engaging video lessons to help students learn about health, complete class or homework assignments and earn a better grade. Each of these lessons is about five minutes long and is sequenced to align with the chapters in the Holt Lifetime Health textbook.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Holt Lifetime Health textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapter in your Holt Lifetime Health textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Holt Lifetime Health Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the health topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Holt Lifetime Health fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like nutrition and life stages and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Health and wellness skills
- Self-esteem, mental health and managing stress
- Physical fitness, nutrition and weight management
- Alcohol, tobacco and illegal drugs
- Medicine and drugs
- Diseases and disabilities
- Adolescence and adulthood
- Building relationships, marriage and parenthood
- Reproduction, pregnancy and birth
- Sexually transmitted diseases
Holt Lifetime Health is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Mental Health Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Sciences
- Health Inspection Classes and Courses Overview
- Home Health Aide Course and Class Descriptions
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Education
- Health Claims Examiner Classes and Courses
- Health Economics Course and Class Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses