- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 98
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Variable in Algebra?
Course SummaryIf you use the Holt McDougal Algebra I textbook in class, this course is a great resource to supplement your studies. The course covers the same important algrebra concepts found in the book, but uses short videos that make the algebra lessons easier to understand and more fun to learn.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Holt McDougal Algebra I textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How it works:
- Identify the chapter in your Holt McDougal Algebra I textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Holt McDougal Algebra I textbook companion course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the algebra topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why it works:
- Fun Content: These videos make learning algebra fun with engaging animation and real world examples.
- Great Instructors: The lessons use exceptional educators who can take concepts like algebra equations and functions and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Algebraic expressions and variables
- Algebraic equations and solutions
- Equations and graphs of inequalities
- Function graphs, notations and operations
- Arithmetic sequences
- Linear functions and slope-intercept form
- Use of elimination, graphing and substitution to solve systems of equations
- Rational exponents and operations with polynomials
- Greatest common factors and factoring polynomials
- Quadratic functions and parabolas
- Types of geometric sequences and their operations
- Exponential growth and decay
- Data analysis and displays
- Probability of events
Holt McDougal Algebra I is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Learn Algebra
- Algebra Videos
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- Natural Resource Management Courses and Classes
- Digital Video Courses and Classes Overview
- Music Video Director Courses and Classes
- Video Production Courses and Classes Overview
- Learn to Draw People: Course and Class Information
- Music Video Editing Classes and Courses Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses