- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 149
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Environmental Science? - Definition and Scope of the Field
Course SummaryThis Holt McDougal Environmental Science Textbook Companion Course uses fun videos to help students complete homework assignments, study for tests and earn a better grade in class. The lessons take about five minutes and are sequenced to align with the chapters in the Holt McDougal Environmental Science textbook.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Holt McDougal Environmental Science textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapter in your Holt McDougal Environmental Science textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Holt McDougal Environmental Science Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the environmental science topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Holt McDougal Environmental Science fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like biomes and ecological succession and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Introduction to environmental science
- Methods and tools used in this field
- Earth's spheres, inner structure and plate tectonics
- Biomes, ecosystems and population dynamics
- Air, water, weather and climate
- Land and food production
- Renewable and non-renewable resources
- Health concerns, environmental pollution and waste disposal
- National and global issues related to environmental science
Holt McDougal is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Careers in Environmental Science
- What Are Some Careers in Environmental Science?
- For Someone Interested in Data Science, Would IT Be Better to Take Online Courses or In-class College Courses?
- Graduate Programs in Environmental Science
- Careers Involving Environmental Science
- Coastal Environmental Science Degree
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Distance Learning Environmental Science Degrees with Course Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses