- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 66
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Geography? - Definition, Facts & Types
Course SummaryThis Holt McDougal Introduction to Geography Textbook Companion Course helps students learn geography and earn a better grade in class. It uses video lessons, each about five minutes long, and is sequenced to align with the chapters in the Holt McDougal Introduction to Geography textbook.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
5 chapters in Holt McDougal Introduction to Geography: Online Textbook Help
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Holt McDougal Introduction to Geography textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapter in your Holt McDougal Introduction to Geography textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Holt McDougal Introduction to Geography Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the geography topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Holt McDougal Introduction to Geography fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like international politics and world economics and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- How geographers view and map our world
- Characteristics of our planet, ecology and natural resources
- World climates and weather patterns
- Human cultures and societies
- Forms of government and international relationships
Holt McDougal is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Geography Course and Class Descriptions
- Learn Human Geography
- Learn Physical Geography
- Physical Geography Videos
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Why Are American Students Failing at Geography?
- Online Geography Courses Overview
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses