- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 96
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Constructing Meaning with Context Clues, Prior Knowledge & Word Structure
Course SummaryIf you use the Holt McDougal Literature Grade 9 Common Core Edition textbook in class, this course is a great resource to supplement your studies. The course covers the same important literature concepts found in the book, but uses short videos that make the literature lessons easier to understand and more fun to learn.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
13 chapters in Holt McDougal Literature Grade 9 Common Core Edition: Online Textbook Help
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone using the Holt McDougal Literature Grade 9 Common Core Edition textbook in class can benefit from this companion course. You'll learn about literature concepts faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Find the chapter within this course that corresponds to the one you're studying in the Holt McDougal Literature Grade 9 Common Core Edition Textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the literature topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding of each lesson.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Holt McDougal Literature fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like parts of an argument and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will be able to learn all the literature topics in the textbook with this engaging course, including:
- Narrative structure
- Types of narrators and point of view
- Imagery, setting and mood
- Author's purpose, style and voice
- Romeo and Juliet
- The Odyssey
- Research strategies
Holt McDougal is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online English Literature Courses and Classes
- English Literature Courses and Classes Overview
- Literature Degree and Course Information
- Online Literature Courses and Classes: Distance Learning Options
- Online Distance Learning Diploma in Literature with Course Info
- 19th-Century Russian Literature Courses and Programs
- 10 Great Study Abroad Locations for Literature Students
- Learn About Literature in the Blogosphere: 10 Top Literature Blogs
- 7 Universities Providing Access to Free Literature Courses Online
- List of Free Online English Literature Courses and Schools
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses