- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 187
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Main Branches and Sub-Branches of Physical Science
Course SummaryImprove your grade in science class with our Holt Physical Science Online Textbook Help course. All the important science concepts covered in your textbook are featured in our short, fun video lessons, so you can get help with tougher topics or have an additional tool available for test prep.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Holt Physical Science textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works:
- Identify the chapter in your Holt Physical Science textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Holt Physical Science Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the physical science topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works:
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Holt Physical Science fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like electromagnetism and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Branches of physical science
- Properties and states of matter
- Elements and compounds
- Forces, work and energy
- Heat technology
- Atoms and atomic energy
- The periodic table
- Chemical bonding, reactions and compounds
- Properties of waves
- Sound and light
- Electricity and electronic technology
Holt is a registered trademark of Holt, Rinehart and Winston, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Physical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses and Classes in Political Science
- Online Courses and Classes in Applied Science
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Sciences
- Online Courses in the Physical Sciences: Course Descriptions
- Online Science Courses: Universities Offering Science Classes Online
- Online Forensic Science Course and Class Overviews
- Online Classes and Courses for a Social Sciences Major
- Online Family and Consumer Science Courses and Classes
- Online Environmental Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses