- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 249
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Nature of Science
Course SummaryThis textbook companion course uses fun videos to help students learn physical, Earth and space science and earn a better grade. This course is sequenced to align with the chapters in the Holt Science Spectrum - Physical Science with Earth and Space Science textbook.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
23 chapters in Holt Science Spectrum - Physical Science with Earth and Space Science: Online Textbook Help
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Holt Science Spectrum - Physical Science with Earth and Space Science textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapter in your Holt Science Spectrum - Physical Science with Earth and Space Science textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Holt Physical Science with Earth & Space Science Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the physical science or Earth and space science topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Holt Science Spectrum - Physical Science with Earth and Space Science fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like scientific notation and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Science basics
- Changes, properties, phases, and states of matter
- Chemical interactions
- Types of solutions and water properties
- Acids and bases
- Radioactive materials
- Inertia, mass, and gravity
- Work and types of energy
- Waves, vibrations, and sound
- Sound waves and light waves
- Electric properties
- Magnetic fields and magnetic forces
- Planets and the solar system
- Earthquakes and volcanoes
- Weather and other atmospheric elements
- Energy and environment
Holt Science Spectrum: Physical Science with Earth and Space Science is a registered trademark of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Physical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses in the Physical Sciences: Course Descriptions
- List of Free Online Earth Science Courses and Classes
- Top Schools for Physical Science
- Jobs Related to Earth Science
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- Physics Professions Video: Career Options for a Degree in the Physical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Physical Science Major: Information and Requirements
- Physical Sciences Bachelor Degrees and Majors
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses