- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 387
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Understanding the Field of Anthropology
Course SummaryIf you use the Holt World History - Human Legacy textbook in class, this course is a great resource to supplement your studies, get help with homework or prepare for a test. The course covers the same important history concepts found in the book, but uses short videos that make the history lessons easier to understand and more fun to learn.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Holt World History - Human Legacy textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Find the chapter within this course that corresponds to the one you're studying in the Holt World History - Human Legacy Textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the history topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding of each lesson.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Holt World History - Human Legacy fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like the Industrial Revolution and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will be able to learn all the history topics in the textbook with this engaging course, including:
- Early civilization
- Art, religion, and empires of the ancient Near East
- Settlers of the Nile region
- History of China, ancient India, and their empires
- Greek civilization
- Christianity in Rome and different kingdoms
- Early history of the Americas
- Development of Islam
- Kingdoms of Africa
- Eastern Asian cultures and the empires of Asia
- Study of the early and high middle ages
- Reformation and Renaissance period
- Expansion and exploration
- European monarchs
- The Enlightenment period
- Napoleon and the French Revolution
- Causes and inventions of the Industrial Revolution
- The industrial age
- Wars, reform movements and revolutions
- European nationalism and imperialism
- World Wars I and II
- Politics, conflicts, and events in the years between the world wars
- Significant histories of North America and Europe
- Important historical events in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America
- Current issues
- World history case studies
Holt is a registered trademark of Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- Online Courses in World History
- List of Free Online World History Courses and Classes
- Online History Courses and Classes: Course Descriptions
- Is Studying History Still Important?
- Online Courses and Classes in Ancient History
- Graduate History Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Art History Courses with Class Descriptions
- Online Medieval History Courses and Classes Overview
- Distance Learning Graduate History Courses and Classes
- Electrical Maintenance Technician Job Duties and Employment Information for the Electric Maintenance Professions
- Autobody Paint Technician Job Duties and Career Info for Becoming an Autobody Technician Specializing in Paint
- Public Health Graduate Programs in Georgia
- Church Facilities Manager Job Description Salary
- Alternative Certification Programs Houston
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts