- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 58
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Pros & Cons of Homeschooling
Course SummaryThis course provides valuable resources that prepare you to plan homeschooling lessons and help you understand various state laws and requirements regarding this education option. Lessons include activities parents incorporate into their homeschooling lessons and projects and can be printed for easy reference.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Whether you're new to homeschooling or have been teaching your child at home for some time and are seeking new ideas for plans and activities, you can find a lot of useful information in this course. In addition to summarizing individual state laws about homeschooling, you'll find suggestions and strategies for developing field trips, rainy day activities and physical education curriculum. You can even get information about scholarships that are available specifically for homeschoolers.
How It Works
Review short, informative text lessons and apply them to your current homeschooling instructional plans. If you're just starting out, you can find a lesson that addresses general homeschooling practices that provides details about curriculum options and resources for homeschooling parents. You can also review your state's homeschooling laws and ensure that your lesson plans in each subject are adhering to the guidelines set forth by these laws and regulations.
This course includes:
- Short, printable lesson transcripts
- Suggested learning activities and projects
- Easy-to-follow text from experienced instructors
- Opportunities to contact instructors online with any questions you might have about this course
How It Helps
- Offers informative lessons: Chapters within this course give detailed suggestions about fun and engaging activities to help support your existing homeschool lesson plans.
- Updates you on current laws: You'll get a summary of existing laws and regulations per state to ensure that your homeschool plan meets legal standards.
- Provides helpful statistics: Get information about the benefits and successes of homeschooling to help support your decision to homeschool your child.
|Homeschooling Resources|| Outlines the good and bad aspects of homeschooling|
Offers suggestions for fun, last-minute activities if planned lessons are disrupted due to inclement weather
Provides a list of educational destinations to be used as field trips
Supports your physical education curriculum with suggested activities
Explains homeschooling curriculum options and provides resources
Presents statistics of homeschooling vs. public school to help parents making a decision to homeschool
Provides information about scholarships specifically for homeschooled students
Gives an overview of homeschool practices in Canada and Australia
|Homeschooling Requirements by State||Summarizes homeschooling laws and regulations, such as curriculum guidelines, eligibility and assessment reports, for every state in the U.S.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Homeschooling Your ADHD Child with Animated Video Lessons
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- How I Survived My First Year As a Homeschooling Parent
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- List of Free Online Art Courses, Lessons and Tutorials
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online Geometry Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online Calculus Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online Management Courses and Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses