- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 200
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Geometry?
Course SummaryThis Honors Geometry textbook replacement course covers all of the topics in a standard honors geometry textbook. The lessons offer a convenient way for students to study, interactive materials for teachers to engage their classes, and an effective alternative to expensive or outdated textbooks.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Any instructor who teaches honors geometry can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most honors geometry textbooks.
How It Works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like analytical geometry and matrices are perfect for briefly introducing an honors geometry topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional honors geometry textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of polygons, quadrilaterals, and area and circumference of circles.
- Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online honors geometry textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Cost Effective: Using our Honors Geometry Textbook course can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring conic sections, similarity and congruence and other honors geometry topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like right triangle proofs easy to understand.
- Help Students Keep Up: Teachers can assign lessons directly from the course to students who need further help with specific honors geometry topics or who missed class.
- Simple and Versatile: Teachers and students can access this honors geometry and any Study.com course from any computer or mobile device.
- Student Progress Monitoring: Each lesson, chapter and course integrates assessment quizzes and exams that let teachers evaluate the effectiveness of the material and student comprehension of honors geometry topics.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online Honors Geometry Textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in your honors geometry class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings honors geometry lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb honors geometry concepts, processes and relationships.
- Identify the honors geometry topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging honors geometry video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like transformations and geometric solids.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any honors geometry topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our Honors Geometry Textbook course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about logic in geometry, geometric figures and coordinate geometry.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in honors geometry, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this honors geometry course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand an honors geometry concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Overview of the fundamentals of geometry and proofs
- Applying mathematical logic
- Triangles, polygons, parallel lines, quadrilaterals and more
- Proofs and relationships of right triangles and parallel lines
- Analytical and coordinate geometry
- Similarity, congruence and properties of triangles and polygons
- Circles, arcs, perimeter and circumference
- Working with conic sections and geometric solids
- Overview of trigonometry and right triangles
- Finding area, surface area and volume
- Understanding matrices and transformations
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Open Education Save Students From Expensive Textbooks?
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- Why College Textbooks Are So Expensive and How to Avoid Overpaying for Them
- The Most Expensive College Textbooks and Why You Should Skip Them
- Win Free Textbooks for a Year
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- List of Free Online Computer Science Courses and Classes
- Build-Your-Own Textbooks Could Save Students Hundreds
- Enter Study.com's Free Textbooks for a Year Scholarship
- Promoting Low Cost Textbooks for Community College Students
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses