- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 99
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1International Hospitality: Planning & Management
Course SummaryStrengthen your understanding of hotel security and safety, hospitality marketing and more by exploring this Hospitality Management: Help & Review course. Fun lessons, short quizzes and other resources can help you complete school assignments, study for a test or improve your performance on the job.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help understanding hospitality management material will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding international hospitality management, revenue management for hotel and lodging, food and beverage operations in hospitality, or any other hospitality management topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn about hospitality management.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra hospitality learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun video and text lessons, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Hospitality Management final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- What is international hospitality and how is it managed and planned?
- Why is strategic planning important in hotel and lodging?
- How is operations management defined and what are some ways to manage operations in hotel and lodging?
- What is the rooms division and why is it important in hotel and lodging operations?
- How is revenue managed, sales revenue calculated and pricing determined for hotel and lodging?
- What are some marketing and sales strategies in hospitality?
- Why are planning, metrics analysis, organizational strategy and job design important in human resource management for hospitality?
- How are crime, cybersecurity, emergencies and terrorism prevented and/or managed in hotels?
- How should food and beverage operations be organized and managed in restaurants?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Fun and Cool Hospitality Jobs
- Marketing Jobs in the Hospitality Industry
- Hospitality Management Schools in Louisiana with Course Overviews
- Top Schools for Hospitality Management
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Hospitality Management Courses in Raleigh, NC with School Info
- Hospitality Management Schools and Colleges: How to Choose
- Hospitality Management Schools and Colleges in Minnesota
- Hospitality Management Colleges and Schools in Michigan
- Hospitality Jobs Abroad
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses