- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 59
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Organizational Change? - Theory & Example
Course SummaryUse this course as part of your corporate training activities to help employees learn important leaderships skills and the key elements of hotel management. This information is presented in brief online lessons that explain the functions of management, cultural diversity within the field of hospitality and hotel management communication.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is made up of short, versatile lessons about effective hotel management. The lessons are organized into subject-specific chapters to help employees improve their understanding of the hospitality industry, effective management techniques, organizational behavior, ethical issues and more. Covering topics like management functions, management theories and diversity, these lessons are one of the best ways to help current or future hotel managers stay on top of their game.
How It Works
These lessons can be viewed on a computer, tablet or mobile device, allowing your employees quick and convenient access to these resources.
Using the course is easy:
- Short, engaging lessons clearly explain hotel management topics in ten minutes or less
- The help tab can be used to submit questions to the instructor
- Lesson quizzes test understanding of the function of management and common issues in hospitality management
- The final exams at the end of each chapter assesses employees' comprehensive understanding of hotel management
How It Helps
- Teaches managerial skills: The objective of this course, as a whole, is to provide your employees with knowledge that helps them improve their hotel management skills.
- Builds awareness: Lessons discuss workforce diversity and help employees see the value of a diverse workforce, as well as ways to hire and retain a diverse staff.
- Improves team effectiveness: This course covers team-building skills that can improve productivity within your hotel or hospitality organization.
After completing this course, your employees should understand:
- How to effectively implement organizational changes in the hospitality industry
- What the types and functions of management are
- What contemporary leadership is
- How to achieve continual improvement
- How to use managerial authority in a way that optimizes employee productivity
- The importance of effective communication in management
- Ways to implement goal setting, coaching and conflict resolution in hotel management
- Why effective teams are important in the hospitality industry
- What workforce diversity is and how it applies to the hospitality industry
- What some common ethical issues are for the hospitality industry
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Free Online Hospitality & Hotel Management Training Courses & Classes
- How Do You Get Into Hotel Management?
- Hotel Management Courses Overview
- List of Free Online Hotel Management Courses and Lessons
- Online Hotel Management Classes and Training Programs
- Hotel and Restaurant Management: Online Diploma
- Online Stress Management Course and Training Information
- Hotel and Restaurant Management Career Training in MA
- Online Undergraduate Degrees in Hotel & Restaurant Management
- Online Associate Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses