- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 31
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Making the Decision to Go to College
Course SummaryThese brief video lessons offer helpful information from professional guidance counselors on how to apply for college grants and scholarships. These videos provide you with the facts you need to get assistance paying for higher education.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This How to Apply for College Grants and Scholarships Guidance course provides students with the facts they'll need to lead them through the process of finding and applying for education funding. These brief video lessons detail the steps needed to apply for many types of scholarships and grants and provide useful tips from expert guidance counselors and academic professionals. With the information provided in these lessons, the process of applying for college money should be easier to manage.
Topics covered in this course include:
Cost is one of the most important factors when choosing a college. Learn how to determine the total cost of attending a school, and see if your desired major is a cost-effective choice. Explore the benefits of public and private schools and see how for-profit and not-for-profit schools differ.
Learn how to choose the college that's right for you. These lessons cover research and even how to maximize your experience at a college fair. Once you've narrowed the field, get advice from our experts on how to craft a standout application, with information on deadlines, letters of reference and the admissions process.
Get the facts on the real cost of college, including not just tuition, but textbooks and room and board at the school. Find out how to determine what types of financial aid you may qualify for, and learn how to research work-study opportunities.
Scholarships and grants
Learn how scholarships and grants differ, and get information on finding out what's available. Let our professionals show you some strategies for earning scholarships, and find out about different types of grants and how to apply.
If you decide to change schools, you won't want to lose valuable credits. In these lessons, we'll see how to make sure all your credits go with you, and even learn about ways to gain credits through examinations.
After you've been accepted to a college, it's time to work on getting some money to pay for that degree. This course can help you:
- Discover what scholarships are available
- Apply for private scholarships
- Obtain federal student loans
- Get college grants
- and more!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Video: What You Need to Know About Applying to College
- School Guidance Counselor Career Video
- How to Become a Professional Video Gamer
- Become a Professional Video Editor: Education and Career Roadmap
- Music Video School and College Program Information
- Video Producer: College Degree Program Information
- Guidance Counselor Education and Training Programs
- Guidance Counselor Requirements and Career Information
- College Scholarships & Grants for Military Spouses
- 25 Grants and Scholarships for College Students
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses