- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 20
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Choosing Locations for Stores or Restaurants
Course SummaryThis convenient and effective corporate training course helps employees develop and strengthen their retail management skills. Your employees can study the course at any time, and they'll learn about the fundamentals of merchandise, personnel and retail management.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Have your current or prospective retail management employees work through this course to review fundamental management concepts and improve their leadership skills. The course contains bite-sized and simple lessons that cover topics like retail management, personnel management and merchandise management.
How It Works
Employees can access this course at any time that's convenient using their computers or mobile devices. This flexibility offers employees the ability to review retail management concepts at home, after work or whenever they have free time.
Using the course is simple and intuitive:
- Short video and text-based lessons explain the basics of retail management through concise definitions and illustrative examples
- Lesson-specific quizzes help employees reinforce their understanding of important management terms and concepts
- An easy-to-use course dashboard keeps track of your employees' progress throughout the course
- A final course assessment helps employees fully comprehend the elements of successful retail management
How It Helps
- Solidifies understanding of basic retail management knowledge: This course helps employees review the basics of retail, merchandise and personnel management.
- Builds managerial skills: Managerial employees who take the course may become more effective and successful managers for your retail stores.
- Improves retail store performance: Strengthening the skills of retail managers can improve the overall performance of your retail stores.
After finishing the course, employees should be able to:
- Understand the basics of retail management
- Use effective merchandise management skills
- Manage personnel in retail stores
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Retail Merchandising Courses, Classes and Training Program Info
- Online Retail Management Graduate Degree Programs with Course Info
- Online Time Management Courses and Training Programs
- Retail Merchandising Degrees in Oregon with Course Descriptions
- Career Information for a Degree in Retail Management and Merchandising
- Distance Learning Retail Management Degrees & Career Training
- Retail Courses and Classes Overview
- Classes and Courses in Merchandising Management Overview
- Retail Merchandising Certificate Programs in CA with Course Info
- Farm Management Training and Course Overviews
- Petroleum Engineer Job Description and Info About a Career in Petroleum Engineering
- Computer Engineering Technology Certificate Program in Chicago
- Book Editor Education Requirements and Career Information
- Senior Web Developer Job Info and Requirements for Becoming a Senior Web Developer
- Technical Development Manager Requirements for a Career in Technical Development Management
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses